Saturday, July 17, 2010

Lazy blogger

I can't believe I've let almost a whole week slip by without blogging!  In my defense, I have been away from the internet more than usual this week, but still - SORRY for neglecting you, blog!

According to my feedjit, my faithful followers are still visitng here regularly - and I do have some very INTERESTING material to add soon, since this week was even crazier than usual around here. I even have some cool pictures to share, if I ever take time to load them from the camera.

For now, though, I just wanted to share something sweet that happened today.  I recently bought my hubby more dried fruit to send in his next care package, and last night I got an email from him requesting that I not send the 'mixed' fruit any more, he just wants the plain dried mangoes.   So, I went to Costco this morning to return the mixed fruit.

The return line was particularly LONG today, but I stood there patiently, and got to know my temporary 'line-neighbors' a little.  Someone noticed my t-shirt and commented on it (it says "Does this baby make me look fat?").  We exchanged small-talk, and then we chit-chatted about what we were all returning, and why.  I do this often, actually, as it is better than reading a Consumer Reports magazine, in terms of knowing the real VALUE of a product.  Anyway, the lady in line in front of me was VERY nice, she insisted that I go in front of her in line, and even handed me $10 cash to buy the replacement mangoes for my hubby.  She said she just wanted to 'give something back'.  How nice is that?  And how did she know the Mangoes were going to cost $10? Maybe she buys them a lot?  Ha ha ha!

Anyway, Rebecca from Murrieta, THANK YOU for being so kind, and for buying my husband some mangoes.


3 comments:

Just Another MilSpouse said...

That is so sweet of her. It makes me so happy when strangers go out of their way to make their appreciation known. They may not know the day to day struggles, but they are aware that our husbands are making a sacrifice. What a happy story.

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

That is really sweet.
What a nice gesture!

Goodnight moon said...

I love it when people give back...no matter what it is! Love it!

Post a Comment!

Thanks for dropping in!


Template c/o Designs Etc.