Monday, July 19, 2010

Knott's Berry Farm

Last week was a pretty busy one, so I am going to try to play 'catch-up' with a series of posts....easier said than done, since THIS WEEK is also a busy one.  :)



I finally honored my husband's request to take Knucklehead to an amusement park.  Bonehead was invited, in hopes he would spend some quality time with his brother, but he declined because I wouldn't let him bring a friend....I kinda felt it would have defeated the purpose if he brought a friend, because then the teenagers would be ignoring Knucklehead anyway.

Since I am now 7 months pregnant, I couldn't go on any of the rides.  My mother-in-law came with us, but she's in poor health and also can't/won't go on the rides.  I'm still not even sure why she wanted to go, but this trip was essentially HER idea...and she bought us lunch, so I guess it doesn't really matter. 

Anyway, I didn't want my sweet son to have to go on all the rides by himself, so we invited his best friend to come with us.  Best friend's birthday was a few days away anyway, so it was a cool way to celebrate.



Southern California was just starting a NASTY heat wave the day we went - so we sweated through most of the day.  M.I.L. normally walks with a cane, so we rented her a wheelchair.  I was worried we would be stuck with the manual style, and I would have to push her all around the park.....but we got lucky and they still had some of the motorized ones left. *whew*!  The Snoopy on ice show was a fantastic way to cool off - and very enjoyable even without that perk.  I highly recommend it.



The boys went on most of the big rides, and their favorites were worth doing multiple times - especially considering how short the lines were.  We purposely went on a Tuesday, hoping to avoid crowds; we did WAY better than I could have hoped for!  The longest line all day was only 30 minutes, and that was for one of the big roller coasters.  I can only assume that the heat kept a lot of people away(?)



The tickets for this place are half off if you buy them on base through ITT...well worth it!  Especially compared to what we normally spend to do Disneyland.  Not that I'm knocking Disney or anything, just can't believe we could still have so much fun, for about 1/4 the price.



Oh, and the best part of the day was actually DINNER, on the way home....we stopped to eat at Denny's, since kids eat free on Tuesday nights (yes, I really am THAT cheap...we have a running list of which restaurants have 'kids eat free' on which nights).  I discreetly told the waiter that we had a BIRTHDAY BOY at our table and they brought out a sundae and sang happy birthday to Knucklehead's buddy....embarrassed the crap of the poor kid!  It was AWESOME.  If his mom wasn't my best friend, I wouldn't have done this to him.  But he knows I love him, so it's OK.  And the ice cream was enough to make him forgive and forget, anyway.



2 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

That looks like a super fun day!
How great about the lines. I went to Magic MT with my husband one time when we were first married and the lines were so short it just made the day so perfect!

Renee said...

Wow..it sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. My husband grew up in Long Beach and we've driven to Knotts Berry on a return trip out once..although I've never been there.

I just love your blog!!!

Post a Comment!

Thanks for dropping in!


Template c/o Designs Etc.