Wednesday, July 7, 2010

another Mommy 'fail' (and nice save)

Yesterday when I picked Knucklehead up from a sleepover at a friend's house, he proudly held up a plastic baggie with TWO of his teeth in it.  I knew he had a loose tooth, but TWO?  Anyway, I told him to put the teeth under his pillow for the tooth fairy.....and then I forgot ALL about it.

This morning as we were eating breakfast, my son mentioned that he had forgotten to look under his pillow to see what the tooth fairy left him, and I froze, mid-bite.  *OOPS!*  Then he calmly said, "I'll go look when I'm done eating"  I tried not to look panicked as I hurried through my breakfast, dug through my purse, and snuck upstairs to play tooth fairy.  I was all but whistling, trying to look innocent.

Thankfully dear little Knucklehead was really into his cheerios at this point, so he never even noticed my brief absence. Whew.

**PS Go vote for me in Christina's contest if you haven't already!  It's a cool giveaway and all I had to do to enter was blog about my top 5 songs to listen to when hubby is deployed.  Read my playlist, and if you love it, VOTE for me!**


3 comments:

Nicole said...

oh man, you TOTALLY lucked out!

Lynita said...

I think it is awesome that you were able to get it done! Kaitlyn is already questioning the existance of the tooth fairy. I have forgotten twice, but told her that the tooth fairy must have been caught in bad weather. LOL!

Laura said...

HAHA! I can totally see him saying that too!

Post a Comment!

Thanks for dropping in!


Template c/o Designs Etc.