Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Goodnight Moon's MUSIC linkup, week 9

WOW, nine weeks already that we've been having this fantastic dance party?

AWESOME.

If you haven't linked up yet, go check out Amber's page, GOODNIGHT MOON, and join the party!

I've had this song in my head all week this week, and I don't know WHY.



It's from the play, "Phantom of the Opera", which hubby took me to see in L.A. a loooooong time ago, back when we were just dating.  I absolutely loved the play, and truly loved my man for surprising me with those tickets, even though I HATE surprises. (hint to any guys reading this: if you are ever dating a single mom and want to take her on a surprise date, MAKE SURE THE BABYSITTER GETS THE DETAILS one way or another!) Seriously surprised me though, because he is not into musical theater at all, and when he asked me out on this date, all he said was, 'wear something nice'.  Nice?  What the hell does that mean?  Like church-nice?  Job-interview-nice?  Ballgown-nice?  Of course, it didn't really matter - there were people there in jeans, and people there in cocktail dresses, and everything in between.  I'm pretty sure no one even noticed my simple black skirt and basic button-up blouse.

I had never been to a 'real' theater before, and the Pantages Theater did not disappoint.  I've been back a couple times (most recently to see 'Wicked' in 2006) but will never forget seeing Phantom there. Talk about an amazing night!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this song... and I love the movie

Anonymous said...

I adore this soundtrack and song!!

Ashley S. said...

I love Phantom of the Opera! One of my dreams in life is to see it live, preferably on Broadway! How nice of your hubby to surprise you with tickets! Wow! I wish my husband would do something like that for me! Great song choice! Thanks for sharing!

Amanda said...

I remember seeing the Phantom for the first time in College a long time ago- good memories. Thanks for sharing.

Amber Joy said...

Beautiful song ! I haven't ever heard this before. What a great memory you have linked to this song, thats so awesome, I love memories.
Semper Fi, Amber joy

Samantha said...

Love this song and the play! Unfortunately I've never seen it, but a girl can dream.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love musical theater! I have not seen Phantom yet but it is on my list! (as is Wicked) The most recent I saw was Rent. It was at ASU Gammage in Phoenix. It had 2 of the original Broadway cast members in it. Loved it!!

Jen said...

OMG i totally totally totally love this play :) the first time i seen/heard the play was when i went to nyc for the first time in my life and saw it :) since then i have been obsessed lol

Nicole Marie said...

I have never seen this play, but have wanted to for a long time. Beautiful song. And I would be BLOWN AWAY if my husband ever thought to get me tickets to a musical. He too hates musicals.

Post a Comment!

Thanks for dropping in!


Template c/o Designs Etc.