Friday, April 8, 2011

Alpha to Zulu

Have you linked up yet?  This week I am pretty much ALL about linkups, and this one took more time than I had imagined it might. Head on over to Riding the Roller Coaster for more info and to add your own list to the linkup!  Oh, and be sure to check out the other fabulous blogs already linked there. (other linkups to check out: Goodnight Moon's music linkup every Thursday, and my new Viral Video linkup every Sunday/Monday)

You may notice that my list includes a lot of words with negative connotations....if you are new to my blog, you may want to read back over the past, say, three or four months worth of posts and you will see why.  I do love my husband dearly, and I am so proud of him, and proud to be his wife - but PTSD is trying to destroy what's left of our marriage, and while I am fighting just to keep my head above water, it can be tough to be 'positive'.  Add to the mix my own current Post-Partum Depression, and, well, not a whole lot of laughs in this post.  But here it is anyway, enjoy!


Military Life from Alpha to Zulu


ALPHA
Active Duty, Arguments, Afghanistan, Anxiety, ADJUSTING


BRAVO
Bravery, Budget, BLOGGING


CHARLIE
Cammies, Cover, Changes, Cell phone, CRYING

DELTA
Deployment, "Donut of Misery", Drill Weekends, DREAMING


ECHO
Emotions, E-MAIL


FOXTROT
Friends, flexible, FRG, fears, FIGHTING


GOLF
Gear, Girls' Night, GOODBYES


HOTEL
Head, Homecomings, HOPES


INDIA
Independence, Invincible, Iraq, INSOMNIA


JULIET
Jumpy, JERK (sometimes)


KILO
KISSES (goodbye and hello!)


LIMA
Love, Laughter, Loneliness, LIVING


MIKE
Moto-mail, Marines, MARRIAGE


NOVEMBER
Notes, NCO's, Nightmares


OSCAR
OPSEC, Orders, OIF, OEF


PAPA
PTSD, Planning, Phoenetic Alphabet, Phone calls, Prayer


QUEBEC
"Quick-fast-and-in-a-hurry!" (Major Payne)

ROMEO
Reintegration/Redeployment, Reality, RISK


SIERRA
Single parenting, Surprises, "Soon", Sweat, SADNESS


TANGO
Transitioning, Trust, TEARS

UNIFORM
Uniforms, Unstable, "Us", UNSTOPPABLE


VICTOR
V.A., Venting, Vibrator? (ha ha ha)


WHISKEY
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, WINE (and sometimes WHINE)


X-RAY
XO


YANKEE
Yellow ribbons, YEARS


ZULU
Zip-ties, ZOLOFT





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your list!

Roller Coaster said...

Your list is awesome! It was harder than it sounded wasn't it? ;) Thanks for participating and linking up.

I'm so sorry you're going through such a rough time. Sending you lots of virtual hugs. Hang in there.

Post a Comment!

Thanks for dropping in!


Template c/o Designs Etc.