Tuesday, December 14, 2010

last minute preparations

I don't know why it should matter, but I really want everything to look PERFECT when hubby comes home.  Not perfect the way I would clean it for guests, but perfect as in, the way he left it.  Mostly.

But I have BOYS, so this house shows significant wear and tear after seven long months.

Can you guess what I've been doing today?



That's right, PAINTING.  It was supposed to be simple touch-up paint in a few small spots, but since the walls in most of the house are WHITE, well you can't just paint one spot.  All that does is make the rest of the wall look dingy/dirty.  So I painted the whole stairwell, most of the entryway, most of the boys' bedroom, half of the upstairs hallway, and then 'touched up' part of the living room.  Far more work than I anticipated, and it sucked BAD that Bobblehead decided he's just not in a napping mood today.  Thankfully he loves his swing, but I still had to stop about every fifteen minutes to make silly faces at him, sing him a song, or offer him his pacifier.

When I finished the painting (and cleaned up the mess from that job) I was patting myself on the back for accomplishing that without getting any paint on the carpet, or in my hair, or anywhere else that would suck.  Obviously my hands are all speckled, but they're easy to wash.  Halfway through patting myself on the back,  I saw a big white splotch on Bobblehead's cheek and FREAKED OUT!  I frantically looked for something I could use to clean the paint off the baby without hurting him, and then saw MORE white stuff on Bobblehead's drooler-bib. And laughed so hard I nearly peed my pants.

It wasn't paint. It was just spit-up!  (DUH)

Now I'm waiting for the paint and the carpet to dry.  I used two cans of Spot Shot to clean the traffic areas because I procrastinated for too long in my plans to get the carpet cleaned professionally.  Oops.

And, wouldn't you know it, NOW Bobblehead wants to take an nap!  Maybe I should join him. 

Right after I give myself a mani/pedi.


0 comments:

Post a Comment!

Thanks for dropping in!


Template c/o Designs Etc.