Tuesday, December 21, 2010

crazy train

ALL ABOARD!  The crazy train is now preparing to depart for parts unknown.

I've battled clinical depression for over a decade now. It started out as POSTPARTUM DEPRESSION when Knucklehead was about 3 months old, and has continued (off and on).  I know that this is not something I can 'cure' so I watch diligently for signs that I need to go back on my meds. Sometimes I only need drugs for a few months at a time, other times for as long as a year.

Psych meds can be a hot button issue for a lot of people, and that's really not what this post is about - but I will say that, for me, they have saved my life.  More than once.  My own criteria for going back on meds are MY OWN.  Mainly, if the depression is limiting my ability to FUNCTION, I go back on meds. **I also use psychotherapy a.k.a. COUNSELING as often as I can.**

So, here I am at Christmas time (prime time of year for depression/anxiety to rear its ugly head) AND dealing with the process of reintegration at the same time.

Crazy soup, right?

One more important ingredient: Postpartum hormones.

Served hot, this will definitely feed all the voices in your head.  Or in mine. Or both.

My poor husband has no idea what he's really up against, and I am not ready to spell this all out for him just yet. Don't wanna scare him if it turns out to be nothing, right?

So far I have only had ONE bad crying jag since he got home, and he slept through the whole thing.  Well, that's part of what I was crying about, but I will save that for another post.

I guess what I am trying to say is, GET MY STRAIGHTJACKET READY, I am on the crazy train -

FULL

SPEED

AHEAD.

1 comments:

Holly said...

Oooh! I can join the crazy train, check out my blog. I just recently wrote a post on dealing with PMDD. www.keiraashley.blogspot.com

Post a Comment!

Thanks for dropping in!


Template c/o Designs Etc.