Wednesday, May 5, 2010

And I didn't even cry.....


It was one of our better goodbyes.

My father in law came over late last night and crashed on our couch, so he could wake up at 3 AM here and take hubby to the reserve unit to meet up with the other Marines.  I would have preferred to take hubby in myself, but with traffic I would have had to get a sub for my new job - not cool, right?

Hubby actually prefers to say goodbye to me here at home anyway, in case I get all emotional and make a scene.

BUT FOR ONCE, I DIDN'T!  I can't believe I made it through our entire last night together with NO TEARS, made him a final breakfast with no tears, and even said goodbye with no tears.  Of course I am crying now, as I write this, but hubby does not have to see that, and remember my misery as he goes off to war.

I didn't get a picture of him saying goodbye to Bonehead, but snapped a quick shot of the sleepy goodbye with younger brother 'Knucklehead'.  :)



And I look like sh*t in this picture, but it was 3 am, and I had been holding back tears for HOURS.....gimme a break, ok?




Overall, I still feel empty, as I always do when he leaves.  But today I also feel victorious - pregnant hormonal emotional lady CAN hold back the tears! (with some considerable effort) 

8 comments:

LC said...

I know you are no stranger to deployments either, but it gets easier. The first few days are always the hardest! Hang in there! And Vent when you need to! I am proud of you for not crying! I never make it.

Goodnight moon said...

Sending hugs! I know its so hard....but you have us here in the blogging world to help you through it! Just try and stay busy so your mind doesn't wonder.

Skinnie Piggie said...

You look fine in the picture lady! Plus who cares, that was your time. It's not about us =)

Amy said...

Sending hugs to you! Keep your mind occupied and I've found that the time goes by quicker!

The LT's Wifey said...

Good job! I always cry-a lot! Keep blogging!

Unknown said...

Reading this make me cry. Knowing how hard it is to not cry when your hero is walking out the door is so hard but its so important that we let them know we are strong and can handle the deployment just like they can. Good luck and remember blogging ALWAYS helps.

Q, La, and Gooner said...

I can't imagine. I'm sorry!

Life of an Army Wife said...

I know we don't live close. But I am going through the same situation (not pregnant this time though). If you need anyone to talk to, we are 49 days to our deployment for the 4th time.

~Alicia

Post a Comment!

Thanks for dropping in!


Template c/o Designs Etc.