Saturday, February 19, 2011

Milspouse Friday FIll-in (LATE)

OK I am a day late on this one, but wanted to participate for my first time.

This fill-in is in its 30th week, all thanks to Wife of a Sailor (check her out!)


1. What is your favorite MilSpouse blog (not including Wife of a Sailor who we all love, or your own)?


I follow lots of great ones (see my blogroll on the right) but I think my favorite has to be Goodnight Moon written by the lovely Amber. She makes me laugh on a regular basis, and I LOVE her honesty (scroll back to the entries she posted last summer, detailing her mommy makeover - WITH PICTURES). I heart her!


2. What are your favorite perks about your s/o being deployed (we all know there are perks)?

I have to say, the best part about deployment is I GET TO HOLD THE REMOTE CONTROL.  Ha ha ha not really, but since hubby returned from deployment #3 a couple months ago, I can't escape how different our taste in T.V. & movies is.......maybe we were both more tolerant of each other's choices before or something? I am a typical girl, and he is SUCH a guy!  I can't believe I went 7 1/2 months without watching the history channel, the military channel, or random snippets of action movies. (yes, hubby is an avid CHANNEL SURFER)


3. How long did you date your husband before getting engaged? Married?
We started dating in 1997, got engaged 2 years later, and finally got married in 2002.

4. What do you think your husband would do if he wasn’t in the military?

This is an easy one, since my hubby is a reservist.  His civilian career (AKA his 'real job') is in Law Enforcement.  He's been a cop for 14 years, and will continue with that career long after he retires from the Corps.



5. If you could talk to the Secretary of (fill in your appropriate branch) what is one suggestion you would like to bring to their attention in order to improve the lives of military families?
I think emphasis on family readiness would help a lot, but I also wish there was less RED TAPE, less beaurocracy involved in everything USMC.  I can not even BEGIN to tell you how hard it was to add baby Bobblehead to the DEERS system for Tricare (thank God we have REAL insurance through hubby's real job!) I understand there is rampant fraud that necessitates the high standard of proof before receiving benefits, but there HAS to be some way to make these services more accessible to the families who really do deserve (and need) them.

2 comments:

To the Nth said...

DEERS paperwork and all the associated administrivia is such a pain, isn't it? I wish it would get streamlined, too.

Goodnight moon said...

You really know how to make a girl blush! Thank you!!!!!! Do you know that I was one of your first followers on this blog. I remember commenting on your blog super late at night (east coast time). I loved being able to stay with you during your entire deployment, pregnancy and homecoming!

Post a Comment!

Thanks for dropping in!


Template c/o Designs Etc.