Monday, April 5, 2010

Operation Love Reunited

Saturday we finally got to meet with our oplove photographer, Melodee Tonti. We had to reschedule several times due to weather, but it FINALLY worked out that we had sun, AND hubby home, at the same time.

For those unfamiliar with the program, Operation Love Reunited provides volunteer professional photographers to families with a deployed or deploying servicemember. They will photograph your farewell, homecoming, etc. www.oplove.org for more info

We spent about an hour at a nearby park, walking around the lake and taking pictures. I laughed the whole time (almost) and can't WAIT to see the final results - Melodee sent me a sneak peek of a few of them, so I am attaching them here to share.

We haven't had family pictures done in about 5 years, so this was a HUGE deal to me, and now that I see these, it gives me one more thing to look forward to when hubby returns (I totally want Melodee there for our homecoming pictures, if she is available!)  We'll be able to capture daddy's first time meeting the new baby, and everything!

5 comments:

Laura said...

We had pre-deployment photos done by an op love photographer too. Well, actually he wasn't part of the program at the time, but when I told him about it he said he got really excited and did ours for free anyways.

I had to reschedule the first session because my husband had to work. Then we had to reschedule the second session because it rained. We ended up cramming in a final session like a day before he left (whew).

The only professional pictures we've ever had done were at our wedding, so I was excited to finally have pictures of us that didn't involve a white dress and a tux haha.

Ashleigh said...

Thanks for posting about this. I had never heard of oplove before but what a GREAT program, I'll definitely be taking advantage!
Beautiful photos!

Renee said...

OMG - Rich and I are having our OpLove photos done this afternoon! I am a nervous wreck...I brought 2 shirts, 2 pants and 3 pairs of shoes to work with me to change into before we meet the photographer. Driving in my mind is going.. "should I stop at Target, just in case the shoes don't work?" NERVOUS WRECK, I tell ya!!

Great picture of your family!!!

Gaile said...

Ashleigh, it's fantastic - They prefer to have the servicemember in uniform for the pre-deployment shoot. If we do baby pics instead of homecoming pics, we will use parts of hubby's uniform for that (they give you two shoots a year, even if it is not the same photographer)

Renee, I hope your shoot went well! (Did you end up stopping at Target on the way there? LOL)

Laura, I think that's AWESOME that you guys 'recruited' a new oplove photographer!

Amy said...

I'm glad that you had luck with OpLove. I tried to contact several different photographers in my area and none of them ever responded. I then sent an email to OpLove directly and still have never heard anything. Hearing that you and others have had good experiences gives me hope that I can try again for homecomming pictures.

Post a Comment!

Thanks for dropping in!


Template c/o Designs Etc.