Tuesday, March 23, 2010

phone call (whew!)

Hubby has barely been able to call since he left 2 1/2 weeks ago, and our calls have been very short and all-business.

Tonight he finally had time to talk, and so did I (ok I stole some time by delaying bedtime because it takes several minutes to tuck the younger one in).

Best conversation we have had in a LONG time! Started like this....

hubby: What are you doing?
Me: Researching online, trying to find a Doula. What are you doing?
hubby: SITTING IN MY RACK, THINKING OF YOU!

aaaaaawwwwwwwwwww.... he never says stuff like that to me, so it really had an effect on me ('rack' is his bed, for all you non-marine types)

We talked about plans for Easter, discipline issues I'm having with the teenager, the younger one's basketball schedule, Operation Purple, upcoming 3D ultrasound appointment, younger one's First Communion, etc. It was so fantastic to just TALK to him, to feel like I have a PARTNER again in this whole parenting thing. So happy that he will be home again in a few days, even if it's only for a day or so.

And it looks like he WILL be home for the events we talked about tonight, or at least the most important ones.

WHEW! Now I can go to sleep and sleep well, without even having to cry or anything. Maybe I will still go for the bubble bath I was originally planning on

:)

1 comments:

Goodnight moon said...

Yah for phone calls!!!!! Especially when the hubby expresses his feelings! We ALL need to hear how much they are missing us.

Post a Comment!

Thanks for dropping in!


Template c/o Designs Etc.