Friday, March 26, 2010

Days ending in Y

I've told my husband on the phone many times that I only miss him on days ending in Y. Which of course is everyday - Including yesterday and today....

BUT NOT TOMORROW, because he will be home tomorrow!

YAY!

The past 3 weeks has been so hard for me - I think deployments are kind of like childbirth; we forget just how bad the pain is once we get to the reward at the end (otherwise we would NEVER do it again!) So, it's been almost 2 years since I last had to experience anything quite so painful as this recent absence - and this was just 3 weeks of training! Not sure how I will get through the actual deployment, which is now just weeks away.

Maybe some Lamaze breathing? ha ha ha

I'm just grateful to know that, in two years, this pain will be a distant memory.

And I am grateful that 'tomorrow' ends in a W.

2 comments:

Goodnight moon said...

It's true! I have been planning on writing a blog about how a deployment is like being pregnant/labor.

Enjoy your time how with your hubby, as I am sure you will!

Gaile said...

Amber, it really IS like pregnancy! I'm learning more and more though, the important pregnancy comparison for me to remember is that we BOTH had a role in getting us where we are now, and no matter how far apart we are, we will BOTH get through this together.

Post a Comment!

Thanks for dropping in!


Template c/o Designs Etc.