Thursday, March 25, 2010

FRG

So, the new Family Readiness Officer that hubby's unit just hired in December to FORM our FRG is out on medical leave. That does explain a few things.

Last night I finally got a call back from someone on the I&I staff who is trying to fill in for the FRO, and I was asked to become an Assistant. "sure, no problem"

What did I just agree to?

The whole family readiness thing is almost non-existent for lots of reserve units, not just this one, and I think that really SUCKS. So as long as I don't let myself get too overwhelmed with my other volunteer commitments (at my son's school, at church, etc) then I think I can handle this. Right?

We'll see. Now they want to send me on all kinds of trainings, and at least that should help keep my mind off of missing hubby too much, right?

Speaking of the love of my life, he should be home in about 48 hours! YAY! This training has actually gone by fast, but it's still so hard for me to be away from him so much. At least for now he has some cell reception, and he checks his email at least once a day. Once he actually LEAVES that will not be the case, and I have no idea how I will cope with that for 8-ish months.

Hopefully our newly forming FRG will help a little bit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment!

Thanks for dropping in!


Template c/o Designs Etc.