Wednesday, March 24, 2010

On My Watch Tonight



I tried to link the youtube video for this song but it doesn't want to work in blogspot (?)
Definitely worth watching, try following this URL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5QTHoQMugI

This song is by Mike Corrado, a Marine who served in Fallujah during the same time my hubby was there the first time. The song itself brings a tear to my eye, but the pictures (provided by II MEF) really drive it home.

For me, literally.

Hubby is in the slideshow TWICE, both times right when the chorus says "I'll keep you safe".

Here are the lyrics:

I come from an island in the Carolina sand
Where I was broke down and built up and reborn a fighting man
And my blood runs red, white and blue
I'll brave the cold, the rain, the pain and the bullets...
So you don't have to.

But don't worry about me, I'll be alright
Just care for your children, and sleep tight
And I'll keep you safe, on my watch tonight

It's a long, long way from that island
And a long way from home
With the thought of you standing behind me,
I could never be alone

And there's a promise I need you to make
While I'm gone, you take care of the love and I'll deal with the hate.

And don't worry bout me, I'll be alright
Just care for your children, and sleep tight.
And I'll keep you safe, on my watch tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment!

Thanks for dropping in!


Template c/o Designs Etc.