Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Price Is Right

I have this sick obession with The Price Is Right.  So far, I have been in the audience 15 times, and am determined to get picked as a contestant and get ONSTAGE!  Three times now, a member of my group was picked to 'come on down', and in all three cases the contestant (my friend, my mom, and my mom's friend) did not get a correct bid to actually leave "Bidder's Row".  All three went home with some cool consolation prizes, but I want to actually get ON STAGE. And preferably win something big, so I can justify all the time I've already invested in this. 

In case you think I am just kidding here, this is how obsessed I am:



Yes, last halloween, instead of a jack-o-lantern, I carved a PRICE-O-LANTERN.  That's the logo for The Price Is Right, for you 'normal' non-TPIR fans out there.

I even used TPIR to announce my current pregnancy to my mom!  We had planned to wear black shirts with white iron-on lettering, and hers was supposed to say "Grammy of 23"  Of course, I had to make it say "Grammy of 24" so as soon as she saw it, she asked me who was pregnant.  I then opened my jacket to show her MY black shirt with the white letters that said "HEY MOM, I'M PREGNANT!" and I had added an iron-on photo of my positive pregnancy test.  I was so excited that day, and when the producers pre-screen the audience members. they are LOOKING for excitement, so I thought for sure it was finally my day to get called......but NO.  {Funny thing about that 'Grammy' shirt though...a few days after my big news, my little sister told me that she is also expecting, and due about 10 days ahead of me....so the shirt should have read "Grammy of 25"!  Of course, my sister is one of those people who can actually KEEP a secret, so she wasited until she was at 12 weeks gestation before she even announced her pregnancy....I only found out early because she needed me to babysit while she went to her OB appointments.}

If you watch the show, you've seen some of the cool-crazy-funny t-shirts the contestants wear.  I've done everything from dressing 'normal' to wearing matching shirts with my group (some home-made and some professionally screen printed) and STILL have not gotten onstage. 

I haven't had a chance to go back to the show since that pregnancy announcment, and finally get to go back on July 20, and than am going again with a group of military wives on August 3.  The August trip will definitely involve matching shirts, but the July trip we're each just wearing whatever we want.  I posted on my pregnancy blog about this recently, and need help choosing a shirt!  Right now I am looking at two different options, both playing up the whole baby-belly thing:


Not sure if it makes a difference, but I got my hair cut after I took these pictures, I guess I should have taken new pics with the new 'do......here is what my hair looks like now:



Please post a comment telling me which shirt you think would be better, and WHY!
(and if you are a milspouse living in so-cal and want to join us for the Aug 3rd trip, we still have room for a few more people!)

7 comments:

Nicole said...

15 times! wow! keep trying and you will get on! :) :)

The LT's Wifey said...

now i am really sad i am not home in so cal! i love the price is right!

Jess said...

I love the Hot Mama shirt. I don't know why...I just think its cuter. :)

Renee said...

I love the Pregnant is the New Skinny! Your haircut is just adorable! Good luck...I'll be keeping my figures crossed that you get onstage!1

~Gretchen~ said...

Haha, my mom actually just bought me the "Hot Mama" t-shirt! It's sooo cute. However, for TPIR I would wear the "Pregnant is the New Skinny" one. Makes me laugh and it's cute.

Goodnight moon said...

Gesh....I go out and have surgery, and you get a whole new bloggy make-over! It's super cute! I already grabbed your button for my blog roll.

Okay...so I love the Pregnancy is the new skinny! Very cute! And super cute new hair cut. I hope your feeling well! Sorry I've been MIA...I need to get with it. I feel so disconnected from everyone!

jleigh2011 said...

I agree with the other girls. Pregnancy is the new skinny! Its totally cute and kinda new. I love the haircut fits you very well. New Follower here. Check me out at jleigh2011.blogspot.com

Post a Comment!

Thanks for dropping in!


Template c/o Designs Etc.