Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Keep on keepin' on

Not much has changed since my last post, except that all the "crazy" I've been keeping inside me is building more pressure, preparing to explode.

I absolutely HAVE to discuss this with my honey, but I know, 100% for sure, that this conversation will lead to a big ugly fight.  The last thing I want to do is FIGHT with him, but our current version of 'getting along' feels pretty darned crappy, too.

So, in hopes of at least getting through the fight quickly & easily (and hopefully getting around to some make-up sex?!?!) I am making hubby's favorite meal tonight: my signature tacos.  I also prepared a yummy dessert - here's the recipe:

Brownie Cherry Cheesecake

Brownie Layer:
1 brownie mix (for 8x8 inch pan)
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup water
1 egg
(or whatever ingredients are stated on the package)

Cheesecake Layer:
2 eggs
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
2 packages cream cheese, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla

2 cans cherry pie filling

Prepare brownie mix as directed on package.

Spread batter in a 10" or 12" round spring form pan
that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

Meanwhile, beat eggs, sweetened condensed milk,
cream cheese, and vanilla until creamy and smooth.

When brownie layer is baked, immediately
pour cheesecake filling on top.
Spread carefully to edges of brownie.

Bake 30-40 minutes more, or until cheesecake is set and firm.

Cool for 2 hours.

Top with cherry pie filling.

(Flavor is best served at room temperature,
but should be stored in refrigerator.)
(Serves 12)

 
 
And, just IN CASE we get around to some make-up sex (or ANY sex at all!!!!) I changed the sheets on our bed  - my favorite super soft 1000 thread count egyptian cotton sheets.  This is also just in case we DON'T get around to the make-up sex part - if I have to cry myself to sleep again tonight, at least I can sleep comfortably on my favorite sheets.
 
The way to this man's heart has always been through his stomach - so awesome tacos followed by MORE awesome dessert might get him in a good frame of mind before I sit him down to discuss the general crappiness that is my life right now, and what I/we can do to make it better.  I'm pretty sure he is really miserable too, but is afraid to complain about it - sort of a "don't rock the boat" mentality.  Well with both of us thinking that way, this boat is NEVER going to get anywhere. 
 
SO I will keep on keeping on, and will do what I can to get us back on course.
 
WISH ME LUCK!













2 comments:

Mandy said...

I am not a new follower but I dont think I have ever commented on your blog before. I wish you luck on your talk with your husband!! I hope you two can get back to "normal." I wish I had better words of encouragement but I did I want to give you a big virtual hug (and of course the luck).

Anonymous said...

I hope everything worked out!

Post a Comment!

Thanks for dropping in!


Template c/o Designs Etc.