Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Epiphany.

I wanted to write about this last week when it happened, but better late than never, right?

I had an epiphany, or 'lightbulb moment'.

I was sitting in my favorite chair, nursing the baby, when it dawned on me:

HUBBY IS JEALOUS of Bobblehead. 

OK, he's not directly jealous of the baby, but these days hubby definitely does not get as much of the mommy-ing type of attention I have always given him.  It's only natural for Bobblehead to get first priority for my attention right now, and only natural for Hubby to feel a little neglected.

I don't know for sure if this has anything to do with his loss of libido, but I can say for sure that things are going better ever since I started putting more effort into TAKING CARE of my husband last week.

I wish I had figured this out sooner!

Of course, it could just be a coincidence - maybe hubby was just at that point last week that he was ready to start being a 'couple' again, and it just so happened to be at the point when I started putting more effort into the domestic side of things. 

His miraculous recovery (it's not complete yet but looking good so far!) could also have something to do with the fact that I went back to work last week. My job is so ridiculously part-time it is not even worth mentioning - especially since I literally take home less than $150/month after paying the babysitter - but keeping this job does secure my status as a school district employee....making it easier to find a 'real' job when the time comes.  So, he might be a little less worried about our future now that I have taken that step toward being more employable down the line, and that reduced worry could definitely have put him more 'in the mood'.

It could also be the new bedroom set that we bought last week - FINALLY!  I gave up a few years ago on us ever finding affordable bedroom furniture that we both liked.  His taste is very modern, and mine is very traditional.  Anyway, Hubby just found this set at Costco and we both LOVED it, so now it is in our bedroom.  We actually had T.V. trays as our night stands for the last five years - can you say TACKY?  Now we're all grown-up all of a sudden.  But not too grown-up for a little *BOOM CHICKA WOW WOW*

Things still are not great, but every day I see more and more of the old Hubby shining through.  Getting better every day.

Yesterday I managed to work my two short shifts, deal with two different contractors here at the house, take care of Bobblehead AND take care of sick Knucklehead, and still made awesome breakfast, lunch, and dinner for my hubby. 

Oh, and I made cupcakes, too.

(did I mention that Bobblehead is teething and miserable?  Poor baby.  Ha - who am I kidding, what I meant to say was 'POOR MOMMY"!!!!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment!

Thanks for dropping in!


Template c/o Designs Etc.