Saturday, November 26, 2011

Tea Time

I truly do miss this blog and all my milspouse bloggy friends!  Coming back soon with regular posts, but for now here are a few pictures my sister-in-law's baby shower today: 

I love having a reason to get pretty - especially when hubby is in a wonderful mood and takes ALL the boys shopping all day, giving me time to curl my hair, put on makeup, and even paint my fingernails.



It was a 'Ladies Tea Party' complete with HATS!  I used it as an excuse to get another wearing out of my new dress (from the Marine Corps Ball) before I shrink out of it.  It's already loose on me compared to a couple weeks ago!



The Scarlet Tea Room is beautiful, but WAY out of my own price range. I looked up their menu online ahead of time to see if there was anything 'healthy' for me to eat, and noticed that their five course afternoon tea service is normally $32 per person!  Wow.  Everything was absolutely BEAUTIFUL, though. 



I enjoyed the green tea so much, I had FOUR cups of it.  I've been drinking nothing but water for the past few months with this weight-loss challenge, so I was worried about calories.  Now I'm laughing at myself for worrying: I looked up the nutrition info on unsweetened green tea, it has all of TWO calories per 8 oz cup of tea!

I stayed away from these beautiful home-made scones......I know for a FACT they are way too high in calories AND fat for this girl.



I also skipped eating this adorable cookie:



(brought it home for hubby instead)

I tried to sip some champagne, but since I have not had ANY alcohol in three months, the first sip literally went right to my head.  Second sip was my LAST sip.



I had so much fun being GIRLY today, but I still love coming home to all my BOYS.  Life is beautiful!

3 comments:

Skinnie Piggie said...

What a fun baby shower venue, you look great!

Anonymous said...

I am digging that hat!

Unknown said...

Looks like a delightful way to spend the day. =) Love the hat

Post a Comment!

Thanks for dropping in!


Template c/o Designs Etc.