Friday, July 1, 2011

smiles

I know my posts have lacked a certain 'positive' quality lately, but that is because my life seems to lack the same.  But not really.  I mean, when I really think about it, there are a lot of great moments in my life, every single day.

OK, well ALMOST every single day.

So, to balance out my whining, complaining, crazy posts, here is a sampling of the things that made me smile this week:

1. Hubby sent me a text message while at work, to thank me for helping him with something. The message included lots of X's and O's, and he said I was a DOLL.  He never says stuff like this, so it really made me smile.

2. I took the boys to the beach and got to spend 3 blissful relaxing hours with THIS:





How can you do anything but smile at that sweet face?

3. I made these EPIC cookies this week:



Yes, those are double-stuff oreos inside the chocolate chip cookies.
I am playing with the recipe a little, and will do a recipe post as soon as I have it where I want it. But this first batch was, well, EPIC.

4. I also made hubby some fantastic cake balls this week.  Sort of a late birthday cake, because last week on his actual birthday I tried to make Rachel Ray's brownie waffles (or waffle brownies?) and it was a total FAIL.  So I think these made up for it:


5. I got my hair cut this week, for the first time in 8 months.  I'm posting a before and after pic (don't mind my puffy, makeup-free face.....I did a fair amount of crying before this particular smile, and have not been getting enough sleep.  And the lack of makeup, well it has been hotter than a donkey's balls here this week - any makeup I put on will just disappear as I sweat, so I didn't even bother.)



I'm hoping that next week I will have an even LONGER list of things that made me smile. Isn't that something we should all hope for?

0 comments:

Post a Comment!

Thanks for dropping in!


Template c/o Designs Etc.