Saturday, July 23, 2011

reality vs virtual reality

In case you haven't noticed, I have been neglecting this blog a lot lately.  I've even neglected my facebook & twitter, to some extent.

Normally I use all of the 'virtual reality' social networking tools out there to sort of ESCAPE true reality, but lately, well, I've been DEALING.  Kinda.

I signed up for a local weight loss contest, which will begin September 10. It's also a charity fundraiser, so be looking for future posts from me soliciting donations. :)  I'll be tweeting about the contest throughout the 12 weeks.  It includes a mandatory weekly nutrition class, and mandatory group workout once a week, as well as a weekly weigh-in and group challenge.  If I ever fall "below the yellow line" (bottom 7 or 8 in that week's weight loss) then I will become ineligible for the GRAND PRIZE of $2,500.00

So, yeah, I am pretty motivated to stay at the top of the pack in this contest!

Reality, in and of itself, is often overrated - but either way, I am, well, DEALING.  Counseling is going well, and I've had some pretty frank discussions with hubby lately.  Not sure if anything will come of it, but at least I am no longer EATING my feelings.

Oh, and speaking of reality, I hope to meet some of my VIRTUAL friends in person at a beach gathering in about a week and a half!  If you live near Camp Pendleton and did not get an invite yet, please EMAIL ME so I can include you!

I'll be back to some regular blogging soon, because school is starting - which means I will have some sort of schedule again...some sort of 'normal'. I'm not looking forward to going back to my part-time job, but I am definitely looking forward to some early bedtimes around here. That magical hour after the kids are in bed is normally my Mommy Time.  AKA "wine o clock".  Not that I indulge in a glass of wine EVERY night, but I try to get to it at least 2 or 3 times a week. But, wine or no wine, that is also my time to catch up on the blogs that I follow, and to type or edit my own posts.

So, hopefully soon I will be blogging more, relaxing more, and putting ME first more, in just a few short weeks.  Thanks so much to all who hang in there with me in all these in-between times - especially those who take time to comment or email....it means so much to me!  REALLY.

0 comments:

Post a Comment!

Thanks for dropping in!


Template c/o Designs Etc.