Wednesday, September 7, 2011

music linkup week 29: FreeFallin

You know that scene in Jerry Maguire where he's feeling all victorious and wants to sing along with the radio, but the song SUCKS, so he changes the station, tries to sing along with another crappy song, then switches again until he finds one he can sing along with?

Well, today that was totally ME in the car, after some serious running around to gather up things for little Bobblehead's upcoming birthday party (yes, you read that right, my baby is turning ONE already!) I got SO MUCH done today, and felt like I could conquer the WORLD. I couldn't find anything to sing along to on the radio, so I switched it to CD and rocked out to a couple of my favorite songs....quietly, of course, because my baby/toddler was sleeping in his carseat at the time.

Here's the song that Jerry Maguire finally lands on in that scene, Free Fallin by Tom Petty


Have you linked up yet?  Go do it now, and check out the other lovely bloggers who are sharing their jams this week!  Don't forget to show a little comment love, especially here, of course.  ;)



5 comments:

Kristle Helmuth said...

This is one of my absolute favorite songs! :)

Taylor {OurMilitaryHome.com} said...

This song always reminds me of Jerry Maguire. I LOVE that movie!

Roller Coaster said...

I always think of that scene in Jerry Mcguire when I hear this song. Funny, I heard this just yesterday and if my voice wasn't all scratchy from my first week of school I totally would have belted it out! :)

And BTW, I almost did the Billy Madison clip, but that's my least favorite Adam Sandler movie too. How could I pass up Chris Farley?!

Kelsey said...

Such a classic! :)

John Smith said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment!

Thanks for dropping in!


Template c/o Designs Etc.